Christmas Care Baskets
Volunteers of America Oklahoma serves over 2,500 individuals throughout the year with various needs. Some clients need household items as they move into an empty apartment after chronic homelessness. Some individuals, challenged by mental illness and homelessness, arrive at the Volunteers of America Oklahoma offices with immediate needs for food and hygiene items. As the winter months begin, the demand for gloves, hats and scarves is a necessity as well, for people living in a cold environment.
We invite you to partner with us to meet these needs. Pack a box, fill a grocery sack or a laundry hamper with the suggested items below. Please return your basket(s) by Tuesday, December 11, 2018.
Recruit co-workers, your family or friends to let your love shine through for Oklahoma’s most vulnerable.
Please bring basket donations to:
Volunteers of America State Headquarters
9605 E. 61st Street (61st & Mingo)
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Gloves, hats, scarves
- Socks for men and women
- towels (bath and kitchen)
- Flatware, cooking utensils
- Plates, bowls
- Full-size sheets, blankets, pillows
- Cooking pots, pans, skillets
- Glasses, cups, mugs
- Soap, shampoo
- Toothbrush, toothpaste
- Toilet paper, paper towels
- Cleaning supplies
- Instant coffee, tea, hot chocolate
- First aid supplies
- Paper, pens, envelopes, stamps
- Store gift cards
- Ziplock bags of travel size hygiene items such as:
- nail clippers/files
- rain ponchos,
- emergency Mylar blankets
- hand sanitizer
- Non perishable, unexpired food for a holiday meal (mashed potatoes, cornbread mix, stuffing, cranberry sauce, canned vegetables, etc.)
- Questions? Or for a large pick up of baskets, please call.
- Phone: (918) 307-1500